SeeClickFix Blog #1

• In your own words, explain what the words RESISTANCE and AGENCY mean.

Resistance is when you try to stop something from happening.Agency is when you get your demands from resistance.

• In your own words, explain what the term SOCIAL MOVEMENT means.

A social movement is when a group of people who want the same thing and resist against it.

• What does the company called SEECLICKFIX do for people living in Oakland?

The seeclickfix company is helping people in Oakland by repairing all the infrastructures in the city.

• Do you think SEECLICKFIX helps people in Oakland to resist oppression and gain agency?  Explain why, or why not.

I think seeclickfix helps people resist the city not wanting to fix the infrastructures and seeclickfix makes the city fix it so we gain agency.

• Explain the story of how you took your picture for the SEECLICKFIX project (Describe what you took a picture of, when you took it, where you were, how, and why).

I was at the bus stop waiting for bus and i seen the graffiti on the ground and i went on to tak e the picture.

• What did you do in class to join SEECLICKFIX?  Describe the steps you took.

I went to the website,i clicked sign up,i put my school email and lunch number as a password,clicked “im not a robot”and clicked sign up.

• What did you do in class to report an issue to SEECLICKFIX?  Describe the steps you took.

I clicked report an issue,i put the location of the graffiti,i put in the explanation of where the graffiti is and i categoris it as graffiti and clicked report.

• Do you predict that the City of Oakland will fix the problem you reported?  Explain why, or why not.

I predict that the City of Oakland will fix it because its on the bus stop which is a everyday use.