Edublog Assignment #3

jose

I live in East Oakland by eastmont health center.I grew up on 38th in front of La finca it’s dangerous now and before as well.I would describe myself as a tall,funny,good listener and real friend.I would describe myself as a good son who doesn’t scream at their parent,doesn’t go to the streets with bad people and never says bad words in front of their parents.Im a raiders,warriors and raiders fan.

To begin with a dominant narrative is when somebody who hasn’t had the experience of something they are talking about and saying they know how it feels when it’s not.I used a taco truck because said we have to do something about these taco trucks on every corner.What donald trump said really made me mad so i put him eating a taco as a counter narrative.

Another kind of narrative is counter narrative.Counter narrative means the comepleter opposite of a dominant narrative.It means that its something true about somebody or someone.I used El chapo helping sean penn because they always say that El chapo is bad when he’s really not.

Also i used a camaro for my identity image because im want a camaro but i need to work hard.The camaro looks pointy from the front and flat from the back its also usually low to the ground.I then put my future motorcycle because i want a sportbike to be specific cbr 1000rr.The cbr looks like any sport bike from the movies.These images made me want to have them so i pay attention in school more and i want to go to college.

In conclusion,people see me as a car and motorcycle lover.If people really knew me they would know that i am in love with cars and motorcycles but i take my education seriously because i want those 2 beautiful machines.Telling the story of who i really am is important because they might stereotype me because i love cars and motorcycles.What i learned in this unit is that i know what dominant narrative means.